Before Intravenous Sedation and General Anesthesia
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with the doctor prior to your surgical date for instructions.
- If you prefer to listen to your own music, feel free to bring an ipod or CD player with small earphones.
Our goal is to provide you with a safe, pleasant and effective anesthetic. In order to do this it is imperative that we have your full cooperation. Please feel free to ask or call about any questions concerning your surgery or anesthetic.